Friday, July 23, 2004

Howdy gang,

do you believe in kismet? Synchronicity? Espn? Something strange happened the other day, perhaps just a case of collective unconscious. I took my sketchbook to work since I would be dining alone for lunch. i figured that I could sketch out some new ideas for a comic strip. I hit upon an idea that came to me out of the blue, though quite possibly fostered by having recently taken in Farenheit 9/11 at the cinema. I won't give away too much about it except to say that it involved Dan Quayle, former Veep of the US under W's padre. Okay, so its been a while since anyone has mentioned DQ, but I thought that it would be a good punchline for a strip. No strangeness there.

Fast forward to dinner that night. Emily and I were sitting at the table having some fresh homemade soup that I whipped up in the crock pot when she began to tell me about her day. She casually slipped into conversation that she had, for some reason unbeknownst to her, been thinking about DAN QUAYLE and what he has been up to! Needless to say my mouth dropped and i immeadiately got up from the table to grab my sketchbook to show her the strip Idea that I had been workin on at lunchtime that very day (about the same time she said she'd been thinking of DQ)! Talk about weird! So how about it, anyone else out there think of Dan Quayle lately? or on Wednesday around lunchtime?

It's a strange land in which we live.

Don't forget to vote this November,


---Doug

Now playing on my iPod: Why Don't You Like Me by Frank Zappa from Broadway The Hard Way

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home