Thursday, October 21, 2004

Yeeeeehaw!
I can sleep again! At least for a few days anyway...

My beloved Boston Red Sox have done what was once considered impossible.

I am still in shock that they live to play ball another day and have made the World Series for the first time since 1986.

After the 2nd inning and the score 6-0 I couldn't take it anymore and had to turn the TV off. I instead listened to the game on the radio. I so wanted them to win that I couldn't bear to watch them melt down like they have always done in the past. But something seems to be different about this group of 25 guys this year. They don't seem to care about "curses" or history. they just seem to concentrate on winning. Now.

God I love it! The Yankees now have the stench of Loser on themselves. It is now them who have tanked when it counted most...and more spectacularly than anyone in history. No one in baseball history has ever lost 4 straight games after first having won 3. As Comic Book guy on the Simpsons might say... "Worst. Choke. Ever."

The Yankees got very lazy. I got the feeling that after winning the first three games, all they had to do was wait around for Boston to blow it like usual and watch as the clouds part and the Baseball Gods reach down and annoit them Champs. Unfortunately for them, the Red Sox weren't about to roll over and play dead. Their mantra of "Why Not Us?" is a perfect example of their positive attitude. And that is why they won last night 10-3.And that is why they won the series 4 games to 3.

We will learn tonight who they play in game 1 of the World Series either Houston or St. Louis.

Until then I can sleep again.

And maybe do some drawing..... :)


--Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home