Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Howdy again folks,

I just wanted to check in here during the waning hours of 2003 and wish everyone a great new year and to reflect a little on the previous year.

2003 saw a lot of changes for me personally. Back in January Emily and I gave up apartment living and purchased our first house! And to keep things really exciting, the week after we closed we found out that we were expecting an addition to the family! Hello Ulcer-City!

Alena was born in September and it has been a whirlwind ever since.

Also this last year I discovered that one of my books (Tainted Circus) was in the University of Buffalo's Poetry and Rare Books Collection! I was able to make contact with Dr. Michael Basinski and made arrangements to donate the rest of the series. Apparently he picked up a copy at a "zine fest" and decided to add it to the collection as an example of local Buffalo underground publishing. He was quite excited to have the whole set. So I now reside alongside the likes of Twain and Joyce, pretty cool, eh?

To help celebrate Tales From The Dougside's 15th anniversary I opened an online store through Cafepress.com to sell merchandise. Check out the link on the left side of this page!

A pretty good year overall, and I have much bigger plans for 2004....including finally publishing that 200 page TFTD book I keep promising! Keep your browsers ppointed in this direction for more details and progress reports!
Talk to you all soon!

---Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home