Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I actually sat down at the drawing board last night with a renewed sense of urgency, unfortunately it came after midnight and my eyelids began to droop after about 20 minutes. I did however get a good jump on sketching out my latest comic strip. It wasn't even an idea I had kicking around in my pad, but something new that I had come up with in the kitchen the day before. Emily actually inspired it. She may not realize it, but she can sometimes be my muse for such things. It is not a multi-panel idea, but a single panel strip so it will be large and have some amount of detail to it. I have a punchline for it, but I am trying to think of some of what I call "joke enhancers". Little throw-aways that by themselves aren't necessarily that funny, but layered on with others create a rich bean dip of humor.
Bust out the chips!

---Doug

ps. I am still working on the new web site. Please be patient, this is taking longer than I had hoped. I am trying to design a new look and haven't settled on anything yet. I am think about a minimalist design that is uncluttered, but still cutting edge...For me anyway. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home